Situation & Outlook Web Sessions
Join us in the weekly web sessions where we review wide-ranging topics on
current and trending demographic-economic characteristics
tools to access & use demographic-economic data with other data
using decision-making information & developing insights
One-hour Data web sessions are conducted by Warren Glimpse.
every Tuesday at 3:00 p.m. ET
gain insights into information change, patterns that might affect you
no fee, registration required
see connectivity details below for specific session
E-mail or call (888-364-7656) with questions/help.
Accessing & Using Demographic-Economic Data
Connectivity details: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/474023381 (or by phone 646-749-3122)
Access Code: 474-023-381
5 minute introduction & overview
Using the Census 2010-Census 2020 Block Relationship File
Updating the Metro Situation & Outlook reports/database
Integrating block group demographics into demographic-economic GIS projects
Integrating parcel geography/attributes into demographic-economic GIS projects
Location Based Demographics update .. item 1 below
Insights update .. item 2 below
Using the Visual Data Analytics VDA Mapserver & the Federal GeoStatistical Data
Examining ZIP-Tract Equivalence
117th Congressional Districts; Incumbency & Demographics details
Census 2020 P.L. 94-171 -- using the P.L. 94-171 shapefiles & geography
.. mapping & geospatial analysis: redistricting
Integrating/examining/relating Census 2010 and Census 2020 small area geography
.. blocks, block groups, tracts, voting districts/precincts
.. ACS1519 demographics (rel Dec 2020), ACS1519 CVAP demographics (rel Feb 2021) by block group
Notes for this session:
1. Location Based Demographics (LBD)
- this is version 21.1 which shows in the LBD title caption at the top of the form.
- now generates profile for the Block Group, Tract or ZIP in which address is located.
- now uses 2020 vintage streets data; a significant improvement in location finds.
- with CV running, use File>Tools>Find Address/LBD
- more information
- LBD Version 21.1 may be used by any version of CV XE GIS
- LBD now uses the ACS 2019 (most recent available) data (1 year or 5 year)
- Census 2020 geography will be added LBD in the near future
- Census 2020 demographics will be added to LBD as available (expect date October 2021)
2. Insights Reports and Data Access
- this is version 21.1 which shows in the Insights title caption at the top of the form.
- the geography filter tool has been revised
- with CV running, use File>Analytics>Insights
- dbl-click any area/item in the geography listbox to generate Insights Report
- the GeoFilter operation has been modified
- more information - Insights Version 21.1 may be used by any version of CV XE GIS
- CV XE GIS Level 1 and higher must be used to access all geography.
Insights, for CV Level 1 and higher users ..
- starting March 2021 the scope of the profile will be extended for counties.
.. quarterly updates.
.. includes BLS QCEW quarterly business establishment data (updated quarterly) by type of business
.. the March 9 release data will provide data for 2020Q3 .. see calendar
.. the June 29 release data will provide data for 2020Q4 and so on
Insights, for CV Level 1 and higher users .. looking ahead .. we plan these additions:
- Census sourced building permits; number of units and valuation by type of unit (places & counties)
.. data for 2020; release date ~5/3/21; added to Insights ~5/15/21
- Census sourced population and components of change (counties)
.. estimates for 7/1/20; release date ~5/4/21; added to Insights ~5/15/21
- Census sourced housing units estimates (counties)
.. estimates for 7/1/20, release date ~5/27/21; added to Insights ~6/15/21
- Census 2020 data as released
.. the first of these data additions is expected by 10/15/21 (all Insights geo levels)
ProximityOne Situation & Outlook S&O demographic-economic estimates & projections
- selected projections to 2060
- extensive additional items available to S&O subscribers (an optional add-on)
ProximityOne User Group
Join the ProximityOne User Group to keep up-to-date with new developments relating to geographic, demographic, economic and business data. Receive updates and access to tools and resources available only to members. Use this form to join the User Group.
Support Using these Resources
Learn more about accessing and using demographic-economic data and related analytical tools. Join us in a Data Analytics Lab session. There is no fee for these one-hour Web sessions. Each informal session is focused on a specific topic. The open structure also provides for Q&A and discussion of application issues of interest to participants.
ProximityOne develops geodemographic-economic data and analytical tools and helps organizations knit together and use diverse data in a decision-making and analytical framework. We develop custom demographic/economic estimates and projections, develop geographic and geocoded address files, and assist with impact and geospatial analyses. Wide-ranging organizations use our tools (software, data, methodologies) to analyze their own data integrated with other data. Follow ProximityOne on Twitter at www.twitter.com/proximityone. Contact us (888-364-7656) with questions about data covered in this section or to discuss custom estimates, projections or analyses for your areas of interest.