Using the CV XE GIS Site Analysis (Analytics>SiteAnalyst).
The SiteAnalyst feature is available with CV XE GIS Level 2 or 3 higher
See a list of videos at http://proximityone.com/videos.htm.
This video uses:
.. CV XE GIS software
.. US1.GIS project (placed on your computer by CV XE GIS installer).
.. about GIS
.. about the US1 GIS project .. in this guide
.. about SiteAnalyst .. in this guide
Topics reviewed in video:
.. SiteAnalyst feature is available with CV XE GIS Level 2 or 3 higher
.. what is the SiteAnalysis feature?
- a CV XE GIS feature used to visually select and and group geographic objects.
e.g., point, block groups, tracts, counties.
.. why use the SiteAnalysis feature?
- extract/analyze a certain set of geographic points, lines or areas
- create "Site Reports"
.. using the SiteAnalysis feature.
- start Site Analysis using Analytics>SiteAnalyst (from Main Menu)
- open the GIS project to be used.
Have an objective in mind.
- comparing demographics of two adjacent two county groups
1. Start SiteAnalysis
2. Select a Layer
- set the overall view - use zoom in this example
- dbl-click county layer name in legend panel
3. Select Key Field -- dbl-click geoid in upper right panel - shows in statusbar
4. Select Items to Summarize -- several population estimates fields
5. Start Processing
- confirm Select button active
- click mouse down and select two counties
- input box appears for name of this "saved records file" - default: c:\cvxe\1\$$siterecs.dbf
6. Examining Results
7. Using View File
8. Adding a different, second "site"
9. Review of related operations
10. Ending SiteAnalysis