5-Year Annual Demographic-Economic Estimates & Projections Update
- projections to 2018 ... general demographic, social, economic & housing characteristics
- several hundred items by county up; more information
07.26.14. Making Custom Congressional District Maps
- download & use GIS resources; make custom congressional district maps
- examine urban/rural patterns by congressional district
- TX CD 22 by county & urban/rural patterns ...
07.23.14. Measuring the U.S. Economy: Industry Analysis
- examining detailed industry attributes
- using industry data from 2012 Economic Census
... integrating and using with related industry data
07.09.14. School District Urban, Suburban, Rural Classification & Patterns
- mapping/viewing patterns: school districts by urban-rural locale code
- download GIS resources for further analysis
- markers show urban school districts based on a locale code ...
07.03.14. Making Custom Metropolitan Area Maps
- use these no fee GIS resources
- make custom metropolitan area maps: any metro ... all metros
- create views adding your own data; other geography
07.01.14. Future of India: Trends & Age-Cohort Analysis
- examining the future of India
- analyzing population trends to 2050 by gender and age
- no fee tools you can use to examine patterns
06.20.14. Demographic Economic Data Extraction
- Demographic Economic Data Extraction (DEDE) API tool
- extract multi-sourced demographic economic data
- census block, block group and other geography
05.23.14 -- City and SubCounty Population Estimates; 2014 Update
- access & analytical tools: http://proximityone.com/places2013.htm
- interactive table & GIS project; example focused on Phoenix metro ...
04.03.14. ChartGraphics Population Pyramids
... visual analysis of age-cohort patterns
... ready-to-use U.S. by county, school districts; world by country
... China, Total Population, 2050
03.28.14. New Metro & County Population Estimates & Components of Change
... latest official annual data 2010 forward; interactive table -- view/query/rank/compare
... ready-to-use GIS resources -- click graphic for larger view & details
02.14.14. Principal Cities of Metros
... view, rank, compare principal cities of interest
- http://proximityone.com/principalcities.htm; using GIS & interactive table to examine principal cities
- Atlanta, GA MSA Principal Cities ...
02.10.14. Hispanic Population by Specific Origin by Census Tract & County
... 28 categories of specific origin; GIS and geospatial analysis resources
... interactive table: http://proximityone.com/hso.htm
... Percent Population Mexican Origin -- Los Angeles Area by Tract
02.07.14. School District Comparative Analysis Profiles
... view comparative analysis report/profile for school districts of interest
... side-by-side comparison of one district with other districts, states, U.S.
... see reports: http://proximityone.com/sddep.htm
02.03.14. Naturally Occurring Retirement Communities
... 10,000+ areas where more than 40% have head of household age 65 years or over
01.18.14. Road Corridor Demographics
- develop/use road shapefiles with right- & left-side attributes
- link Census/ACS data; attach geocoded data to roads for geospatial analysis
- see http://proximityone.com/dmd_roadcorridors.htm
01.13.14. State Legislative District GeoDemographics
- comparing 2010 & 2012/current vintage districts
- see more about state legislative district GIS/mapping/geospatial analysis
- create your own custom state legislative district maps
12.17.13 -- American Community Survey 2012 5-year Estimates
- 2012 demographics-economic estimates
- national scope data for all tabulation areas (includes block groups)
- updates to corresponding 2011 estimates released September 2012.
- see http://proximityone.com/acs2012.htm
12.15.13. Linguistic Isolation by Block Group
- data & tools to examine households & linguistic isolation measures
- Linguistic Isolation Patterns
12.13.13. School District 2012 Demographic Estimates
- all school districts; total population, children in poverty by school district
- interactive table: http://proximityone.com/sdpop12.htm
12.12.13. ACS 2012 5-year Demographic-Economic Data Access Pre-Release Details
- new web section; interactive table: query/rank/compare subject matter coverage
- data access & use options: http://proximityone.com/acs0812.htm
12.11.13. County Monthly Workforce Patterns
- examine monthly and annual employment & unemployment by county
- interactive table: query/rank/compare counties: http://proximityone.com/county_workforce.htm
- use downloadable national scope GIS project to develop pattern views:
11.16.13 -- Decision-Making Information Web Sessions
- development, integration and use of Decision-Making Information -- selected topics
- one hour Web sessions: http://proximityone.com/dmisessions.htm
11.16.13 -- Using Census 2010 Summary File 1 with API Technology
- skip the downloads! start using the APIGateway to access SF1 block data
- see overview in ProximityOne blog
11.15.13 -- Neighborhood Patterns of Economic Prosperity by Congressional District
- mapping median household income by census tract in context of congressional districts
- see overview in ProximityOne blog
11.06.13 -- State Legislative Districts Urban/Rural Characteristics
- examine America's 6,558 state legislative districts by urban/rural population & land area
- interactive table: http://proximityone.com/sld2013.htm
10.07.13. -- Examining Low and Moderate Income Census Tract Patterns
- 2013 HMDA Census 2010 & ACS demographics
- GIS tools and national scope census tract shapefile with integrated data; no fee; no registration
- examples and getting started: http://proximityone.com/tractslmi.htm
10.01.13 -- U.S. by County Population Projections to 2060 Updated
- time series; 2010 to 2060; single year of age by race/origin by gender
- examples & details: Outlook 2060
09.26.13 -- County Quarterly Establishments-Employment-Earnings
- time series; new 2013Q1 data released 9/26; available each/all counties
- employment, establishments, payroll by type of business/NAICS
- access via http://proximityone.com/cv_apigateway.htm
09.22.13 -- 2012 Elections & Vote by Candidate
- Presidential, Senatorial and each Congressional election
- vote count and percent vote by election, party, candidate
- interactive analysis table:
07.02.13. State Population Components of Change
- examine annual population components of change since 2010
- how are births, deaths and migration impacting state population?
- see http://proximityone.com/statetrends2012.htm
06.28.13. State Single Year of Age 2010-2011-2012 Updates/Profiles
- examine 2010, 2011, 2012 population estimates by single year of age
- how are cohorts of interest changing? U.S. and individual state profiles
- see http://proximityone.com/stateage.htm
06.25.13. County Demographic Trends: 5-year Age Cohort Patterns
- examine 2010, 2011, 2012 population estimates by 5-year age cohort
- view, rank, compare counties; interactive table
- see http://proximityone.com/countytrends2012.htm
06.19.13. Top 50 Bank Holding Companies
- examine how the largest bank holding companies compare and are changing
- view, rank, compare companies; interactive table
- see http://proximityone.com/bhco.htm
05.31.13. City, County, State Daytime Population
- examine workers living/working in area; population change due to commuting; employment/residence ratio
- view, rank, compare cities, counties and states; interactive ranking table
- see http://proximityone.com/daytime_population.htm
- access data from Census 2010, 2000, 1990; ACS 2010, 2011 and other sources using the APIs
- use APIs to integrate multi-sourced data, join data to shapefiles, create custom spreadsheets
- see http://proximityone.com/cv_apigateway.htm
05.16.13. Associating Addresses/Locations with Census Block Codes
- convert address/location latitude-longitude to census block geocodes
- from the census block code relate your location to wide-ranging political/statistical areas
- examine demographic-economic characteristics of location vicinity
- see http://proximityone.com/cv_p2g.htm
05.14.13. Analyzing EEO/Workforce Patterns
- using the ACS 2010 EEO/Workforce special tabulation
- unique features enable affirmative action & workforce insights to county/place levels
- see http://proximityone.com/acs0610_eeo.htm
05.06.13. TIGER/Line Improvement & Digital Map Database
- Census Bureau TIGER/Line data being augmented for improved GIS, mapping and geospatial operations
- join in ... participate in Digital Map Database development and use
- see http://proximityone.com/dmd.htm
04.24.13. New Site Analysis Tools: Examine Demographic-Economic Characteristrics of Locations, Areas & Corridors
- CV XE GIS Site Analysis provides visual and tabular analysis of sites and service/market areas
- run site analysis operations using existing GIS projects; unlimited geographic-demographic-economic scope
- see http://proximityone.com/cv_siteanalysis.htm
04.22.13. Federal Geographic-Statistical Data Access Using APIs
- topics concerning improving data driven decision-making through APIs
- Federal agency use of API technologies to facilitate more effective data access and usability
- see http://proximityone.com/fssapi.htm
04.12.13. Analyzing Washington DC Metro & Neighborhoods using GIS Resources
- tools to explore demographic-economic patterns & relationships: metro/county to intersection
- examining characteristics of sub-neighborhoods proposed for redevelopment
- see http://proximityone.com/cv_washingtondc.htm
04.08.13. Site Analysis & Block Group Demographic-Economic Database
- resources to create comparative analysis demographic-economic profiles
- GIS ready: national scope block group shapefile with integrate detailed subject matter
- more: http://proximityone.com/bgdata.htm
04.05.13. Examining Political/Statistical Geography & OpenStreetMap WMS
- options to examine boundaries in context of roads/ground coverage
- pros & cons of using roads shapefiles vs OpenStreetMap WMS
- census tract applications: http://proximityone.com/cv_osm.htm
04.01.13. Largest 100 School Districts Updated with 2012-13 Enrollment Data
- 2010-11, 2011-12 & 2012-13 enrollment data updated for largest 100 school districts
- NYC increases; LA Unified and Chicago decline
- interactive table: http://proximityone.com/lgsd.htm
03.29.13. Healthcare DMI: Life Expectancy Trends by County
- examine life expectancy trends by gender: 1990-2007
- male life expectancy ranges 65.9 to 81.1 years in 2007
- U.S. by county interactive table:
> interactive table: http://proximityone.com/hcdmi_le.htm
03.27.13. County Demographic-Economic Trends
- 2000-2010; post-census 2010 estimates; richer demographic-economic estimates
- U.S. by county interactive table:
> interactive table: http://proximityone.com/countytrends.htm
03.25.13. Healthcare Decision-Making Information Updates
- using GIS to analyze healthcare infrastructure; integrating multi-sourced data
- health insurance coverage; selected geographies
> interactive table: http://proximityone.com/hcdmi.htm
03.18.13. Examining Demographic-Economic Characteristics of Cities/Places
- latest post-census estimates & 2000-2010 trends; all 29,000+ cities/places
- characteristics of new 2013 metro principal cities
- view, query, rank, compare patterns; national scope interactive table
- see details http://proximityone.com/places.htm
03.15.13. Examining Largest & Fastest Growing 2013 Vintage Metros
- latest post-census demographic estimates & 2000-2010 trends
- view, query, rank, compare patterns; national scope interactive table.
- see details http://proximityone.com/metros2013.htm
03.07.13. New Official Metropolitan Area Designations
- OMB announces revised delineations of Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs),
Micropolitan Statistical Areas (MISAs) and Combined Statistical Areas (CSAs)
- 929 metros (MSAs and MISAs) now exist in the U.S. and Puerto Rico
- more information at http://proximityone.com/metros2013.htm
03.04.13. 113th Congressional District Demographic-Economic Profiles
- ACS 2011 1-year 113th Congressional District demographic-economic profiles
- View example for New York 12th -- http://proximityone.com/cd113_profiles.htm
- Data available for single districts, sets of districts or all districts in various formats
- Contact us for more information (mention ACS 2011 CD Profiles in text section)
03.01.13. Potential Impact of Sequester on School Districts
- mapping patterns of school districts by percent revenue from Federal sources.
- view districts most vulnerable to reductions in Federal funding.
- school districts shown in context of 113th Congressional Districts.
- see http://proximityone.com/sdfa_cd.htm
02.25.13. Examining Poverty Status by Age by Census Tract
- latest estimates of population by poverty status by age by census tract
- view, query, rank, compare patterns; national scope interactive table.
- examine thematic patterns with GIS; example: Austin ISD, Texas
- access data: http://proximityone.com/tracts_poverty.htm
02.20.13. S&O Server New Geocoder Feature
- convert/translate latitude-longitude coordinates to corresponding census block geocode
- higher level geocode assignment automatic: block group, census tract, county, metro, state etc.
- related geoprocessing and location based features.
- see more about S&O Geocoder
02.18.13. Resources to Analyze Native American Area Demographic-Economic Characteristics
- use the S&O Server to examine detailed characteristics of Native American areas
- example for Navajo Nation
- all American Indian, Alaska Native and Hawaiian Home Land Areas
- view/query/compare areas using interactive table
- see http://proximityone.com/aianhhl.htm
02.15.13. Examining Labor Force Status by Block Group & ZIP Code
- labor force status attributes by block group from ACS 2010, ACS 2011 & Census 2010
- view, rank, compare, query employment and unemployment by block group
- national scope interactive block group-ZIP code equivalence table
- see http://proximityone.com/blockgroups.htm
02.07.13. School District Special Tabulation Update
- school age population by age group and enrollment status
- new profiles for each/every school district
- click link for school districts of interest in interactive table:
02.01.13. Citizen Voting Age Population Patterns by Census Tract
- ACS 2011 5-year special tabulation estimates
- citizen voting age population by race/ethnicity
- using these data with tools to analyze compliance with Voting Rights Act
- interactive ranking table ... http://proximityone.com/tracts_cvap.htm
01.24.13. ZIP Code to 113th Congressional District Equivalencing
- ZIP Code to 113th Congressional District data now available.
- Determine 5-digit ZIP Codes that intersect with 113th CDs.
- Web-based interactive query/view table and data file.
- See more http://proximityone.com/cd113.htm.
01.22.13. -- Situation & Outlook
Quarterly Database Update
01.09.13. 10 Reasons to use Census Tracts Versus ZIP Code Geography & Demographics
#1. Census tracts are polygons and cover a well-defined geographic area.
ZIP codes are clusters of lines; the U.S. Postal Service does not define ZIP Code boundaries.
... see more: http://proximityone.com/tracts_zips.htm
01.08.13. CD Gallery Updated: 113th Congress Congressional District Map Views
- State by congressional district maps for all states; sub-state zoom-in for many states.
- District specific focus maps available in all states.
... statewide district focus maps: AL,AK,AZ,AR,CA,CO,CT,DE,FL,GA,HI,ID,IL,KS,MO,MT,NH,ND,PA,SD,TX,VT,WY
... district focus maps show CD boundary and thematic pattern map.
... economic prosperity (median household income) by neighborhood/census tract.
12.16.12. Guide to Data Resources & Tools to Examine the School District Community
- Overview and links to key data resources and analytical tools
- Demographic, economic, geographic & infrastructure characteristics & patterns
12.09.12. S&O Server Version 1.1 Released
- New extract/display/analysis operations
- Support for ACS 2011
- Data for new geographic levels including school districts and ZIP Code areas.
12.06.12. American Community Survey 2011 5-year estimates
- 2011 "richer demographics"
- national scope data for blockgroups, census tracts, .
- updates to corresponding ACS 2010 demographics released December 2011.
11.30.12. Geographic Mobility: County to County Migration Analysis
- Number of movers in and number of movers out by county.
- National scope; all counties; foreign areas included.
- First county to county mobility updates since Census 2000.
- Visual analysis (GIS/thematic mapping) of mover patterns. http://proximityone.com/countymigration.htm
11.29.12. ACS 2010 Equal Employment Opportunity Special Tabulation
- Analytical value far transcends EEO applications.
- Based on American Community Survey 2010 5 year estimates.
- Corresponds to Census 2000 EEO Special Tabulation.
- Detailed attributes of workforce; extended industry & occupational detail.
- Place of work and place of residence data; cities/places, counties, CBSAs.
11.28.12. State Standardized High School Graduation Rates
- State-by-state standardized definition 4-year high school graduation rates; interactive ranking table .
- Computed by states per U.S. Department Education guidelines; 2010-11 school year.
- For the first time, reflect a common method of calculation for all states.
- Rates for selected student categories.
11.21.12. Demographic Characteristics of the Population Age 65 & Over
- continuously updated focus section on the population age 65 & over.
- demographic characteristics of this group (number, geographic distribution, patterns, trends and other attributes, etc.
- related broader demographic-economic issues.
- information resources useful to stakeholders to examine these topics.
11.20.12. Situation & Outlook Demographic-Economic Monthly Employment Update
- component of ProximityOne Situation & Outlook Database
- labor force characteristics update for October 2012
- updated narrative profiles available online/downloadable
11.15.12. Analyzing Age-Gender Structure using ChartGraphics Resources
- Create/publish population pyramids and associated data tables.
- Integrated ready-to-use database; Census 2000 and Census 2010.
- U.S. national scope data: U.S., states, counties; add your own data.
- Age-gender data by extended set of race groups and Hispanic origin.
11.14.12. Metro Area Age-Gender Demographics Pattern Analysis
- Compare 2000 & 2010 age-gender demographics for any CBSA to any other CBSA.
- Population pyramids plus extended Census 2000 and Census 2010 underlying Excel datasets.
- Core-Based Statistical Areas (CBSA) -- Metro and Micro Statistical Areas.
11.08.12. Examining 113th Congress Representatives: Ranking Table & GIS Resources
- Results from November 6 elections.
- Analyze, view, rank, compare, query representatives by district.
- ranking table -- http://proximityone.com/cd113.htm
11.05.12. Census 2010 Summary File 2 U.S. by State/County DP1 Ranking Table
- Demographic Profile 1 (DP1) demographic subject matter items.
- U.S., states, counties.
- Total population and 16 selected race groups.
- Analyze, view, rank, compare, query.
- ranking table -- http://proximityone.com/cen2010_sf2.htm
11.02.12. ACS EEO/Workforce Special Tabulation Takes Form; Nearing Release
- Employment related tabulations from American Community Survey 2010 5-year universe.
- Employment attributes by place of work and place of residence with extended occupational detail.
- Special tabulation universes, geography and subject matter.
- Data release data 11/29/12.
- ProximityOne develops new countyset labor market areas shapefile
(view related maps)
- details -- http://proximityone.com/acs2010_eeo.htm
10.22.12. 113th Congressional District Boundaries/Shapefiles Available
National scope data are now available:
- 113th Congressional District (CD) boundaries in shapefile structure.
- Corresponding state upper (SU) and lower (SL) house boundary shapefiles.
- Census 2010 census block to 113th CD, SU and SL equivalence files.
- ProximityOne Census 2010 demographics data by 113th CD, SU and SL.
- ProximityOne ZIP Code-113th CD, SU and SL equivalence file and demographics.
- Congressional Districts section -- http://proximityone.com/cd.htm
- view national scope map in gallery -- http://proximityone.com/gallery/guide/113th_congressional_districts.htm
10.19.12 -- Situation & Outlook Demographic-Economic Employment Monthly Update
- component of ProximityOne Situation & Outlook Database
- labor force characteristics update for September 2012
- updated narrative profiles available online/downloadable
10.17.12. -- U.S. Public Schools Interactive Ranking Table
- Examine school-level characteristics for 100,000+ schools
- Use interactive ranking table to view/compare/rank individual schools http://proximityone.com/k12publicschools.htm
10.16.12 -- School Enrollment by State by Age and Type of Enrollment: 2011
- Examine U.S. trends 2008-2011 annual data
- Use interactive ranking table to view/compare/rank states by type of enrollment http://proximityone.com/school_enrollment.htm
10.15.12 -- State & Regional Sections Updated/Extended
- new annual county intercensal population estimates with race/origin ranking tables.
- select/view main section or state of interest:
10.03.12 -- Video: Using GIS to Examine School Locations & Geographic Relationships
- illustrating school-related GIS application in Houston, TX area
- step by step views of how this type of GIS project can be developed
- next video: using GIS to visually analyze school/neighborhood demographic patterns
09.28.12 -- Situation & Outlook Demographic-Economic Profiles
- profiles showing wide-ranging demographic-economic attributes.
- continuously updated profiles; featuring data from ACS 2011 released in September 2012.
- Census 2000, ACS 2011 and change; with more current 2012 monthly updates.
- select U.S. or state of interest:
09.25.12 -- 2010-11 National School District Demographics Update
- 2010-11 enrollment by grade, gender, race/origin,
program participation, schools, teachers, staff and related.
- access via Web interactive ranking table.
- access extended data, profiles and analysis via Situation & Outlook: http://proximityone.com/sddmi.htm
09.24.12. -- Demographic-Economic Ranking Table Updates
- use demographic-economic ranking tables with your desktop or mobile device
- interactively examine characteristics of wide-ranging geography including states,
metros, congressional districts, school districts, schools,
census tracts, block groups, blocks, ZIP codes and others
09.21.12 -- Household Income Continues Decline, 2010-2011
- U.S. median household income continues decline
... falling 1.3% from 2010 to 2011, from $51,144 to $50,502
- examine Gini Index showing measures of income inequality
- compare and rank states with interactive ranking table
- see http://proximityone.com/statetrends_income.htm.
09.14.12 -- Rental Market Conditions by Metropolitan Area
- updated ... examine metro rental market conditions.
- compare and rank metros with interactive ranking table
- view interactive ranking table http://proximityone.com/metro_rentalmarket.htm
09.11.12 -- National Scope K-12 Private Schools
- interactive ranking table ... view/rank/query individual K-12 private schools
- compare/examine characteristics of individual schools
- rank/view largest schools by type in states/areas of interest
09.06.12 -- School Districts by State -- 1952-2012
- use interactive ranking table to view the number and type of school districts by state.
- examining change in school districts by state infrastructure over the past 60 years.
- view interactive ranking table http://proximityone.com/sdstate.htm
08.20.12 -- School District Revenue & Expenditure Patterns
- use interactive ranking table to examine one or a set of school districts.
- compare districts using total, percent and per student data.
- updated with new FY 2010 financial data.
- view interactive ranking table http://proximityone.com/sdfa.htm
08.07.12 -- Situation & Outlook Server
- using Census APIs to access demographic data via Web server.
- no-fee, no-registration.
- Census 2010 Summary File 1 data down to census block.
- American Community Survey data data down to block group.
- more information ... http://proximityone.com/s&o/guide/server.htm
07.02.12 -- Block Group Demographic-Economic Site Analysis Profiles
- view demographic-economic site analysis profiles
- select one block group (BG) area or many
- pick BG by geocode(s) or based on an address or latitude-longitude
- examine XLS and/or HTML report; N-mile site radius http://proximityone.com/blockgroups.htm
06.11.12 -- ZIP Code to Census Tract Equivalence & Interactive Ranking Table
- determine which census tracts intersect with ZIP codes of interest
- determine which ZIP codes intersect with census tracts of interest
- examine how a ZIP code area demographics are distributed by census tract
- interactive ranking table: http://proximityone.com/ziptractequiv.htm
06.08.12 -- Examining Asian Population Patterns
- America's Changing Race Patterns: Census 2000 to Census 2010
- section updated with extended Asian race category details
- interactive ranking table: http://proximityone.com/cen2010_asian.htm
06.04.12 -- State & National Employment Situation & Trends
- national scope state-by-state alternative measures of labor utilization
- state profiles of the employment situation
- interactive ranking tables: http://proximityone.com/state_employment.htm
06.01.12 -- 1930 Vintage Metropolitan Districts: How America's Metros Have Changed
- examining characteristics of the 96 1930 vintage U.S. metropolitan districts
- forerunner of today's core-based statistical areas http://proximityone.com/metros.htm
05.30.12 -- ACS 2010 School District Special Tabulation
- first school district "richer demographics" for children by type of enrollment
using Census 2010 school district boundaries
- more details; results from corresponding ACS 2009 special tabulation: http://proximityone.com/sdst0610.htm
05.10.12. -- ACS 2010 School District Special Tabulation
- children's demographic and living characteristics by school district.
- demographic tabulated by type of enrollment universe.
- all school districts interactive ranking table using 2009-10 boundaries. http://proximityone.com/sdst0610.htm
05.09.12. -- Census 2000 Public Use Microdata Area (PUMA) Boundaries Using Census 2010 Geography
- existing Census 2000 PUMA boundaries/shapefiles are used with ACS 2010/2011 PUMS.
- create Census 2000 PUMA shapefiles using Census 2010 geography. http://proximityone.com/puma2000.htm
04.26.12 -- Census 2010 Summary File 2 National & State Files released
- Selected SF1 Tables iterated by up to 331 detailed race and ethnic groups; census tracts up http://proximityone.com/cen2010.htm
04.15.12. -- Census 2000 to Census 2010 Census Tract Relationship Reports
- FFIEC HMDA & CRA applications.
- any applcation where correspondence between Census 2000 and Census 2010 tracts required. http://proximityone.com/tracts_2000_2010.htm
04.05.12 -- 2011 National and State population and demographic components of population change
- Census Bureau post Census 2010 population estimates using components of change
- Estimates for July 1, 2011. http://proximityone.com/countytrends.htm
03.26.12 -- CV XE GIS 3-D Visual Pattern Analysis
- application examples: Washington DC Educational Attainment by Block Group
- thematic pattern analysis: percent population with bachelor degree or higher
- elevation scale: number of people 25 years or over http://proximityone.com/cvxe_3d.htm
03.21.12 -- Integrating Census Bureau Web Map Server with Shapefiles
- Using CV XE GIS to view Census Bureau Web Map Server (WMS) geography.
- Adding Census-sourced and other shapefiles to WMS-based projects. http://proximityone.com/cvxe_wms.htm
03.15.12 -- Using the GeoGateway & Map Compiler -- a GeoCloud Solution
- use the new CV XE GIS feature to build your GIS projects
- all Census 2000 and Census 2010 shapefiles and more.
- single county, region/metro, state or national scope geographic extent. http://proximityone.com/cv.htm
01.15.12. -- Use Demographic-Economic Ranking Tables with your iPad
- use the demographic-economic ranking tables with your iPad
- iPad/iPhone (iOS 5+) and all major browsers:
Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera & Chrome on Windows, Mac OS X & Linux http://proximityone.com/rankingtables.htm
01.22.12. -- 2010 ACS Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Under Development
- first EEO special tabulation updates since Census 2000 EEO special tabulation
- enabling EEOC compliance analyses and wide range of other workforce analyses
12.07.11. Google Maps API & Census 2010 Census Tract Demographics
Integrate location data (eg, schools, banks) with Census 2010 geography and demographics.
Access/link Census 2010, ACS 2010 and estimates & projections with Google maps. http://proximityone.com/sd/36/m3614850b.htm
11.29.11. Compare Census 2010 Demographics with ACS 2010 1-Year Estimates
View/rank/compare demographic characteristics for 3,372 largest (65,000+ population)
"Most current" Census-sourced demographics
U.S., states, cities/places, counties, metros, school districts, congressional districts
Access via http://proximityone.com/acs2010.htm
11.21.11. Congressional District Comparative Analysis Demographic Profiles
Congressional districts added to Demographic-Economic Statistical System (DESS)
Compare demographics for congressional districts to other districts and other geography
Access via http://proximityone.com/dess.htm
11.18.11. U.S. by County Population Estimates by Single Year of Age: 2000 to 2010
Intercensal Population Estimates by Single-year of Age, Sex, Bridged-Race, and Hispanic Origin
Annual July 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 and April 1, 2010
New ... http://proximityone.com/countytrends2.htm
11.07.11. Examining the School District Community
School District "Richer Demographic" Profiles Added/Updated.
See state-by-state list ... http://proximityone.com/sddmi.htm
11.04.11. American Community Survey 2010 Section Updated
Highlights of ACS 2010 1-year estimates; Profile America.
Review of applications, analyses & tools. http://proximityone.com/acs2010.htm
11.03.11. Illinois 2011 Enacted Redistricting Shapefiles Available
View/examine new 2011 Illinois Congressional District & state house/senate map files
Using GIS resources to examine the changing political landscape. http://proximityone.com/ers_il.htm
11.01.11. Guide to Information Resources about Schools, School Districts. K-12 Education
List and brief description of links to key data in an analytical structure.
Insights into the School District Community. http://proximityone.com/sdcommunity.htm
10.28.11. Census 2010 National Summary File 1 (SF1)
Now available; includes ZIP Code and metro summary levels
Tabulations for areas spanning state boundaries. http://proximityone.com/cen2010_sf1.htm
10.27.11. Accessing & Using Enacted Redistricting Shapefiles
View/examine new Congressional District & state house/senate map files
Using GIS resources to examine the changing political landscape. http://proximityone.com/ers.htm
10.17.11. Metro Establishments, Employment & Earnings by High Level Industry Group
2010 annual data quarterly data to 2011Q1; updated quarterly.
E-E-E data integrated with 2010 Census and 2010 ACS demographics.
Get individual detailed metro reports ...
Main page & ranking table ... http://proximityone.com/metroeee.htm
10.14.11. Examining City/Place to County Relationships
Many cities/places are located in multiple counties.
See more about examining city/place to county relationships in selected states. http://proximityone.com/places.htm
10.10.11. Congressional Districts in Transition: Looking Ahead to the 113th Congress
New 113th Congressional District and state legislative district boundaries becoming available.
Start to examine demographic patterns within and among districts in advance of 2013. http://proximityone.com/cd.htm
10.04.11. 2011 ESEA Title I Allocations by School District
Elementary and Secondary Education Act aka No Child Left Behind
Largest U.S. educational funding program to assist disadvantaged children.
View/rank/compare school district $ allocations and funding formula factors. http://proximityone.com/title1_2011.htm
10.03.11. Census 2010 Census Block Database
Analyze selected set of 186 demographic items for each of more than 11 million census blocks.
Map/site-analyze areas from intersection level up; create equivalence files. http://proximityone.com/cenblk.htm
09.30.11. Congressional District Income & Poverty Characteristics: 2009-2010
Examine selected income & poverty characteristics by CD: 2009, 2010 and change
Use interactive ranking table to compare/contrast/rank all CDs or a specific state http://proximityone.com/cd_income0910.htm
09.26.11. Congressional District Employment Situation: 2009-2010
Examine selected labor force characteristics by CD: 2009, 2010 and change
Use interactive ranking table to compare/contrast/rank all CDs or a specific state http://proximityone.com/cd_employment0910.htm
09.23.11. State Median Household Income Patterns: 1990-2010
Median Household Income (MHI) in 1990 to 2010 and change by state
Median household income declines in 35 states 2009-2010; interactive ranking table http://proximityone.com/stmhi0910.htm
09.22.11. Educational Attainment Trends Among States: 1990-2000-2010
Percent high school graduates & college graduates by state
Interactive ranking table; data from new ACS 2010, 1990 Census & 2000 Census http://proximityone.com/edattain.htm
09.19.11. Analyzing Early Childhood Demographic Patterns by School District
Single year of age demographics by school district
Kindergarten-age, grade 1-age and grade 2-age populations in 2015 by district http://proximityone.com/sdage.htm
09.09.11. Demographic Data Analyst Software & Guide Updated
... accessing and integrating Census 2010 & America Community Survey Data
with other data and into shapefiles http://proximityone.com/dda/guide
09.02.11. ZIP Code Demographics by School District
... see which Census 2010 ZIP Codes intersect with which school districts
... view/analyze demographics of ZIP Code areas by school district http://proximityone.com/zip-sd.htm
09.02.11. ZIP Code Demographics by Congressional District
... see which Census 2010 ZIP Codes intersect with which Congressional Districts
... view/analyze demographics of ZIP Code areas by Congressional District http://proximityone.com/zip-cd.htm